Thursday, February 15, 2007

What's up in the air today...

So, today we should try to list the things that are up in the air due to the impending transition coming this June. Since I don't know whether I will be here in Virginia or back home in Connecticut starting this June, many things have had to be put on hold or atleast into nebulous positions. First up is housing. Nancy and I have started making decisions around things based on how heavy/bulky/worth moving they are. I have been shleping stuff downstairs to storage and have thrown out some stuff too. That's probably a good thing, although my legs and knees have something else to say.
But beyond that is what are we going to do about baby furniture. If we end up in a house of some sort (yea!) we will have plenty of decisions about what child gets what room and what furniture we'll need, so long as it is affordable. On the other hand, if we are stuck in another apartment, what are we going to have to settle for and how are we going to make it work. It leads to alot of heated discussion over the above topics for one.
Then there is the Army. As a soldier in the 257th National Guard Band, I have responsibilities and potential duties that need to be planned for. If I end up moving 600 miles north, all of those plans and possibilities go out the window. If we stick around here, then I have lots of things I am having to watch go by, like promotions, musical assignments, etc. And you know, if we move, there's the whole fiasco of finding another unit to join. What joy...
Then there are the hobbies. From beer making, which has been postponed indefinitely since moving equipment full of beer is much much harder than moving empty clean stuff, is completely on hold. Sadness...Moment of silence. And my amateur radio stuff is virtually boxed up and waiting for a place to be used. I know, I just advertised my absolute geekness to the world. Oh, well... better to be honest.
You know, I thought I would write tonight about the aftermath of the GOE results, but surprizingly I want to talk about these instead. Let's hope the Diocese agrees that these are more important to worry about.
Next blog? Definitely about the good things happening. And trust me, there are good things happening... I just needed to rant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.